Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hooray, lesson reflection = improvement!





Today I decided to tweak the assessment lesson.  This was met with great success!  My students drew self-portraits, which was the basis of the lesson, and are adding what they want to be when they grow up.  So far the lesson is a vast improvement from before, the kids seem to really enjoy it.  I got this idea from Mrs. Knight's Smartest Artist blog just the other day.  I used the example of an art teacher and talked about needing to show what clothes I wear and the background and even tools I might have.  I am also including some pictures from some things going on in the art room currently.  The fourth graders are finishing lighthouse pictures, the fifth graders are getting finished clay pieces back and I have about 20 unfired pieces that are getting glazed and loaded in the next day or so.  I love clay, but I will be happy to clean up the kiln room and close up that till next year.  Enjoy this pictures and Happy Tuesday!






No comments:

Post a Comment