Thursday, October 25, 2012

Another fun Pinterest lesson

I came across this lesson on Pinterest-I know, you are shocked!  So the original post was from artsonia.com, and there was no additional information with the picture.  I decided to use 2nd grade for this project and the results were great. We did a review of lines before the lesson and talked about the bird being a silhouette. They used a template on black construction paper, a quick cut and glue onto white paper.  Then used markers to draw lines, which we wet with a brush, making the lines blur and bleed a little.   This lesson was a big hit and they enjoyed having about 5-10 minutes getting to go to free draw area to read a book or draw on a dry erase board after they cleaned their tables off.  Here are the pictures of the work. 








3 comments:

  1. I've seen this on pinterest also and ear marked it for the future. it's a lovely project - visually effective, easy to prep and little clean up - perfect to have on hand for the other half of those lessons that only need 15 minutes to finish off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I thought the lesson was pretty and I had the bird template waiting for a good project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the variety of lines! Nicely done :).

    ReplyDelete