Friday, April 8, 2011

Finally finished!



I really enjoy working with clay, but it is so much work when you do 4th and 5th grade with 7 classes apiece.  Plus as you can tell by the pictures the students glazed them and put glass inside to melt.  This was a lot of running the kiln.  But these pictures of the last batch to come out are what makes all the hard work worth it!  They are really awesome!  I am working on some simpler lessons and trying to get students to write critiques.  It is honestly an attempt to calm the masses before Spring Break.  They are getting a little rowdy and this has been a good way to calm them down and mellow them out.  I am working on lighthouse drawings with the fourth grade and I hope to post pictures of their completed work soon.  If I can just get my kids to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n and draw what they see I will have accomplished something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment