Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Things coming to a close

Well the EOG's are practically finished-there are some retest going on.  The kids did great!  I am so proud of them and all their hard work.  We are really down to the end and it is a little hard to stay motivated when we are all so ready for the beach and pool and relaxing.  I am trying to incorporate a little bit of that relaxation into my classroom.  I have been playing Louis Armstrong and giving a brief lesson overview with example and then letting the kids have fun.  Other than a few (very minor) arguments everyone is having fun and doing really neat work.  My favorite book to read during the last couple of weeks of school is I Ain't Gonna Paint No More, by Karen Beaumont.  It is so funny!  Plus, I love the illustrations.  Well, I hope your final days fly by.  Happy coloring!
While the kiddos are working I am trying to put away and get cleaned up so I don't get overwhelmed.  I would really like to tackle my supply closet before going home for the summer. The worst is I know what I need to do, it is just getting into the room to do it.  I might recruit some helpful 5th graders to put things back into their containers and sort my paint and reorganize my construction paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment