Thursday, September 20, 2012

A new picture from the room

I took a picture of a completed "bulletin board" today for the blog.  It is really the door to my supply room and I have been waiting to put the words up because the laminator was broken.  I have done word walls in the past, but this is my favorite so far.  It is so pretty and cheerful and the colorful scrapbook paper used in the letters and posters all over the room just make it all come together. 
This year a focus of our school is vocabulary and literacy.  I thought I would start with a few words and add new words every nine weeks until the door was covered.  This way it would indicate our art vocabulary was growing and new words the kids were learning. 
I was very inspired but other art teacher's word wall so I hope my word wall inspires some art teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment