Friday, October 24, 2014

Beautiful Painted Pumpkins

Oh the fabulous feeling you get when your lesson is going beautifully!  The first graders are painting pumpkins by mixing primary colors and creating secondary colors.  This is not a revolutionary idea or an exciting new spin on a project, but after a couple of weeks of some of my kiddos "not getting it" in other grades, when you see a group that is loving their art and loving what they are learning it just makes me happy.  This week has definitely been one of ups and downs, but I ultimately want kids to create!!  I want them to be excited about art.  These pictures show our a-ha moments.  I am definitely determined to find some more a-ha moments with the other kids, just got to figure out how.  Lucky for them I am determined to find the right switch.  Even if it means pumpkin pictures painted with secondary colors from all 900 students.  :~)





No comments:

Post a Comment