Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What's happening this week

Very busy so far and it is only Wednesday.  I am working on finishing the first grade and second grade projects.  Third, fourth and fifth are beginning new projects and units.  I have been working really hard to get the vocabulary flowing on the art room walls.  Combine this with our big school fundraiser drive and the normal paperwork stuff it makes for busy weeks in the art class. The pictures below are nebulae that the third grade is doing.  They are so fun!  We looked at pictures on the NASA website and learned what a nebula was before we began the technique of painting.  They got three primary colors in acrylic paint and white.  Though I did use magenta instead of red mainly because it was what I had, but I also thought it would look a little more like the colors in the pictures. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures.  I will update more as the work starts to increase and gets more completed.  




No comments:

Post a Comment