Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Kindergarten Penguins

I completed this lesson yesterday with my kindergartners.  They painted the background the week before, which was difficult to explain to 5 year olds that they were not painting a picture, just painting the paper.  Anyway, we survived that step.  This week we are working on some different skills with collage.  Paper tearing (this again completes boggles their mind-"you mean tear it, on purpose"), and cutting shapes.  The steps are established but there is nothing cookie cutter about it-which I love!  The penguins are all different sizes.  They are all unique and super cute.







On a teacher note, I am having trouble moving away from glue sticks with them.  I have a love/ hate relationship with them.  I am sure most can relate.  They are easy, slightly less messy but they run out so quickly!   I feel like some days all I do is replace glue sticks.  I need to just suck it up and embrace the mess that the Elmers is going to bring.  We will all be better for it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment