Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tomorrow is the day

Tomorrow I go back to work.  Start of a new year.  Exciting times ahead!  I love this part of being a teacher more than anything, the ideas that I researched and came up with this summer, and all the planning that I did is now going to come together.  It might all fall apart in a month, but hey, that is all part of the adventure. 

I just wish they would leave us alone!  The "they" I am referring to is the county.  Now don't get me wrong, I love my school system.  I just wish they would not try to cram these meetings in before school starts.  Especially since it rarely applies to me.  But I soldier on, doodling on the agenda that is provided, and thinking about all the things I need to be doing to my classroom.  I know they stuff is important, so I at least try to listen. 

Well anyway, as I go back with bags of items purchased from the dollar tree and binders of things printed out from pinterest, I will be filled with mixed emotions this year.  My little guy is 15 months old, and I have really enjoyed being home with him this summer.  He has been a joy and I have really seen his personality come out in the last couple months.  He will be in very good hands at the sitters, but I still am filled with regret for not being there and sadness for not being able to enjoy him all the time.  I am sure the working mothers of the world all understand. 

Anyway, if I don't post in a week or so you will know it is because I am busy arranging tables, organizing my lesson plans, getting my sub notebook in order, working on new free time centers, creating beautiful bulletin boards, the list goes on and on.. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment