Monday, August 18, 2014

Start of a new year

Started back to work today.  So tired.  I have spent the summer hanging with my partner in crime and Target shopping buddy, my 3 year old son.  I worked all day, cooked dinner and made it to my zumba class.  I even managed to get a load of laundry done.  Feeling pretty good about things and reflecting on the day.  I realized I did not have a sense of dread about what needed to get done this week.  We sat in meetings all morning and listened to the beginning year stuff, while folks around me complained about the schedule or lack of materials or whatever was on their mind I was surprisingly calm.  I know it will get done and by this time next Monday I will be exhausted but will have welcomed the kiddos back for a new year.  I hope they all have a great year and love my class.  I hope I can teach them something that makes them better, smarter or happier than when they came in.  I hope they feel loved.  This is the kind of tired you feel when you put in a hard day of work and you know you are going to get up and do it all over again tomorrow.  Here is to a great school year!  And a good night sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment