Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New Happenings in the Art Class

I updated my outdated classroom.  Outdated might be a little strong.  The room did need a little sprucing up and some of my information had changed.  We are changing the grading system in the BEP classes.  The new scale will somehow reflect a 1, 2, and 3 instead of the old S, N, and U scale.  I also update the bulletin boards.  I have made an effort to create an "I Can" board on my closet door and to include lessons that we have completed and will be coming up next.  There are examples of each lesson on the board as well.  The changes to the room have felt like a huge improvement to me and I am trying really hard to reflect the things that the school is working toward.  I will post pictures later.
Students are completing some lessons this rotation.  The graphic organizers are coming to a close and hopefully they will have a clear idea of what each element of art is.  Third graders are finishing their fruit bowl pictures and these look really neat.  Some students are even going back a creating a shadow next to their bowl.  Second graders learned to measure last rotation and this time they are having fun creating their Kandinsky inspired circles.  These pictures are turning out great.  We are doing them as a wax resist and the kids love to see what happens when we cover the circles with black paint.  First graders are starting a project.  This rotation we are tracing a small circle and creating a bird picture.  They are making the cutest pictures that we will paint next rotation.  This is our review of primary and secondary colors.  I have also used Ok, Go's, Color Song.  I love this song and so do the kids.   Finally the kindergartners are doing Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  This is the first real lesson I do with them and it really makes them follow directions.  So that is all that is going on in here.  Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment