Wednesday, August 19, 2015

New Beginning, New Adventures

A lot has changed since my last post.  My family and I moved back to the town we were from and I left the wonderful school I had been teaching in for 8 years.  The transition was sparked by my husband's desire to return to his family's farm.  This combined with the type of life we wanted for our son, meant we sold our house and left jobs we already had.   My husband left a federal job and took a pay cut but we haven't missed that. We have happily settled into a little farm house and I can say it feels like home.  He works "farmer hours", which was difficult since I was used to him getting home around 4:30.  I spent the summer having as much fun with our son as possible before he started his new preschool and I went back to work.
I have joined a new elementary school and have been thrilled so far.  A new room always brings new challenges.  Learning the routines of the school and trying not to be that person that is always saying "well I used to do things this way".  I like the new people I have met and have run into people that I worked with when I first started teaching.
Anytime you start the school year there is always the promise of a new beginning and the opportunity to change things I was reluctant to do before, and when you literally start new there is just a feeling of possibility and excitement.  The year has the potential to be amazing.  I hope the kids like me and the changes.
I will post pictures of my new room soon and stay tuned for all the awesome artwork to come!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you and best of luck on your new beginning!

    ReplyDelete