Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Into 2016

I don't know about any of you but the desire to make resolutions seems overwhelming at the start of the new year.  I think teachers constantly feel that pull to create resolutions.  I, like most people, make the "lose weight, get in shape" resolution.  But there are so many areas I feel the need to work on.
As a teacher, I constantly reflect on what I am doing and what to do better.  The need to be better is always there.  Sometimes it feels like it is biting at you that you are not enough for all of these kids, but I try to remind myself, like we remind the kids, just do your best.  So I keep looking at everything I am doing and ask did it work today?  Why or why not?
As a mom, I want to be enough for my son.  (We usually are.)  Just reminding myself that he is small and wonderful and I need to enjoy it. Be present.
As a wife, it is much the same thing.  Be present.  Remind myself that this is a partnership and we travel this life together as long as possible.
Now as for me, personally, just being better.  Read more, tv less.  Get those scripture verses in and pay attention to what the Lord is telling me.  And at the end of the day be thankful.

So, I am sure I will slip and fall, like the kids do.  But I will try again tomorrow and just try and get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment